It should be Redskins general manager Bruce Allen vs. Giants GM Jerry Reese, mano a mano, at the 50 yard line.
It should be Washington owner Daniel Snyder vs. New York owner John Mara in a Pennsylvania Dutch death match.
Capologists vs. capologists
This is the Salary Cap Bowl.
It may not resonate in the locker rooms, but the bad blood between the Redskins and the Giants front office must be boiling. Remember, it was Giants owner John Mara who led the charge against Washington and the two-year, $36 million salary cap penalty the Redskins were handed by the league for failing to go along with the owners little conspiracy in the uncapped 2010 season.
It was Mara who said the Redskins "got off lucky" for failing to play along with the other owners scheme against the players union, and suggested they should have lost draft picks as well.
So you better believe today, if RG 3 runs through that Giants defense and leads the Redskins to victory, the win will taste a little sweeter for Bruce Allen and every other pencil pusher at Redskins Park
Return to: Thom Loverro Blog
- Redskins and Cowboys -- to the bone
- Redskins and Browns -- joined together by playmakers and what could have been
- RG3, Captain of Washington, D.C.
- Redskins-Giant: the Salary Cap Bowl
- If Artie Donovan's grandpa were alive, he wouldn't be happy about all this Teddy Roosevelt nonsense -- someone would be knocked out