Nationals lose to the Mets 2-0 on Saturday night (August 18, 2012).
1. The Nats fell to an MLB-best 74-46 overall and 33-23 at home.
a. The Nats fell to 60-42 since their 14-4 start.
b. The Nats fell to 1-1 on their six-game homestand.
c. The Nats lost for just the seventh time in 28 games.
2. The Nats totaled just five hits and no walks and went 0-for-4 with runners in scoring position.
a. Right fielder/left fielder Michael Morse went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.
b. Center fielder/right fielder Jayson Werth went 0-for-4.
c. Shortstop Ian Desmond went 0-for-3 with a strikeout and committed an error (13).
d. Rookie left fielder Tyler Moore went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
3. Positives from the loss:
a. Starter Edwin Jackson allowed two runs in seven innings, recording 11 strikeouts.
i. Jackson fell to 7-8 with a 3.69 ERA over 23 starts this season.
b. Reliever Ryan Mattheus tossed 1 2/3 perfect innings, recording three strikeouts.
c. Reliever Michael Gonzalez faced two batters, allowing a single and recording a strikeout.
d. Second baseman Danny Espinosa had two singles.
4. Injury/absence/roster update:
a. Catcher Wilson Ramos (torn right ACL and meniscus) is on the 60-day disabled list and is done for the season.
b. Rookie catcher Jhonatan (JAHN-uh-tihn) Solano (left oblique strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
c. Catcher Carlos Maldonado (lower back strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
d. Reliever Henry Rodriguez (lower back strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
e. Reliever Chien-Ming Wang (right hip strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
f. Reliever Cole Kimball (right shoulder surgery) is on the 60-day disabled list.
g. First baseman Chris Marrero (torn left hamstring) is on the 60-day disabled list.
h. Infielder/outfielder Mark DeRosa (left abdominal strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Winning Three Of Four Against Minnesota
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Taking Two Of Three At Seattle
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Taking Three Of Four Against Tampa Bay
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Getting Swept At Philadelphia
- 10 Takeaways From The Redskins' Loss At Baltimore And The Cutdown To 75