Nationals win at Houston 5-0 on Thursday night (August 9, 2012).
1. The Nats improved to an MLB-best 69-43 overall and 37-21 on the road.
a. The Nats now are a season-best 26 games above .500.
b. The Nats improved to 55-39 since their 14-4 start.
c. The Nats improved to 4-0 on their 10-game road trip.
d. The Nats have won 16 of their last 20 games.
e. The Nats won their sixth consecutive game.
f . The victory completed a four-game sweep.
2. Starter Jordan Zimmermann tossed six scoreless innings, recording 11 strikeouts.
a. Zimmermann now has lasted at least six innings in 22 of his 23 starts this season.
b. Zimmermann improved to 9-6 with a 2.35 ERA.
3. Relievers Michael Gonzalez, Sean Burnett and Drew Storen each tossed a scoreless inning.
4. The Nats totaled 12 hits.
a. Left fielder Michael Morse had two solo homers (10) and an RBI sac fly.
b. Center fielder Roger Bernadina had three singles, a walk, two stolen bases and a run.
c. Rookie second baseman Steve Lombardozzi had two singles. He did strike out twice.
d. Shortstop Danny Espinosa had two singles. He did commit an error (10).
5. Injury/absence/roster update:
a. Struggling 19-year-old rookie outfielder Bryce Harper got a day off.
b. Shortstop Ian Desmond (left oblique injury) is on the 15-day disabled list.
c. Catcher Wilson Ramos (torn right ACL and meniscus) is on the 60-day disabled list and is done for the season.
d. Rookie catcher Jhonatan (JAHN-uh-tihn) Solano (left oblique strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
e. Catcher Carlos Maldonado (lower back strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
f. Reliever Henry Rodriguez (lower back strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
g. Reliever Chien-Ming Wang (right hip strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
h. Reliever Cole Kimball (right shoulder surgery) is on the 60-day disabled list.
i. First baseman Chris Marrero (torn left hamstring) is on the 60-day disabled list.
j. Infielder/outfielder Mark DeRosa (left abdominal strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- Lessons In Winning
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Loss To Dallas In Week 17
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Win Over Philadelphia In Week 16
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Loss At The Giants In Week 15
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Loss To St. Louis In Week 14