Orioles beat Seattle 3-1 on Monday night (August 6, 2012).
1. The O’s improved to 58-51 overall and 26-26 at home.
a. The O’s improved to 31-37 since their 27-14 start.
b. The O’s improved to 19-24 since their 39-27 start.
c. The O’s won for the sixth time in eight games.
d. The O’s improved to 1-0 on their 10-game homestand.
2. Starter Chris Tillman allowed one run in 7 1/3 innings.
a. Tillman improved to 5-1 with a 2.38 ERA over six starts this season.
3. Closer Jim Johnson tossed a scoreless ninth inning despite allowing two singles.
a. Johnson improved to 33-for-36 on saves this season.
4. Reliever Pedro Strop faced three batters in the eighth inning: walk, strikeout, line out.
5. Right fielder Nick Markakis had a two-run homer (11) and a single.
6. First baseman Mark Reynolds had an RBI double, another double, a single and a run.
7. The O’s won despite going just 8-for-32 overall and 1-for-7 on runners in scoring position and totaling no walks.
a. Third baseman Robert Andino went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
b. Catcher Matt Wieters went 0-for-4.
c. Second baseman Omar Quintanilla (keen-tuh-NEE-uh) went 0-for-3 and committed a throwing error (3).
d. DH Chris Davis went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
8. Injury/absence/roster update:
a. DH Jim Thome (TOH-mee) (herniated disc in his neck) is on the 15-day disabled list. He now is expected to be out until at least September.
b. Starter Jason Hammel (right knee injury) is on the 15-day disabled list.
c. DH Nick Johnson (right wrist sprain) is on the 60-day disabled list.
d. Rookie reliever Stu Pomeranz (left oblique injury) is on the 60-day disabled list.
e. Second baseman Brian Roberts is on the 15-day disabled list and underwent season-ending surgery on his right hip labral tear on Aug. 3.
f. Left fielder Nolan Reimold (herniated disc) is on the 60-day disabled list. He underwent what’s expected to be season-ending surgery on June 25, though it’s possible that he’ll play late in the season. He said that his procedure is the same one that Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning had. Reimold has five homers in just 16 games this season.
g. Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada (soo-YOH-shee WAH-duh) (left elbow) is on the 60-day disabled list. He underwent season-ending Tommy John surgery on May 11.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals' Four-Game Sweep Of Arizona
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles' Three-Game Sweep At The White Sox
- 10 Takeaways From The Redskins' Win Over Cleveland
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals' Three-Game Sweep Of Pittsburgh
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Losing Two Of Three At Cleveland