Nationals lose at Colorado 4-2 on Monday night (June 25, 2012).
1. The Nats fell to 41-30 overall and 21-16 on the road.
a. The Nats fell to 27-26 since their 14-4 start.
b. The Nats fell to 1-3 on their 10-game road trip.
2. The Nats went just 8-for-33 overall and 2-for-10 with runners in scoring position, totaled just one walk and struck out 10 times.
a. 19-year-old rookie center fielder Bryce Harper went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts and now is 8-for-43 over his last 11 games. Manager Davey Johnson said that Harper still gets daily treatment on his back.
b. First baseman Adam LaRoche went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
c. Second baseman Danny Espinosa went 0-for-3.
3. Starter Stephen Strasburg allowed three runs in six innings, giving up six hits, a walk and a hit-by-pitch versus eight strikeouts on 97 pitches. He also had an RBI double.
a. Strasburg fell to 9-2 with a 2.60 ERA over 15 starts this season.
b. Strasburg now is 8-for-23 with four doubles this season.
4. Reliever Tom Gorzelanny allowed one run in two innings on a walk and a single. He did record two strikeouts.
5. Positives from the loss:
a. Catcher Jesus Flores had a double, two singles and two runs. He did go 0-for-1 on runners trying to steal.
b. Third baseman Ryan Zimmerman had an RBI double.
c. Shortstop Ian Desmond had a triple but struck out twice.
6. Injury/absence/roster update:
a. The Nats activated infielder-outfielder Mark DeRosa (left oblique strain) from the 15-day disabled list and placed outfielder Xavier Nady (right wrist tendinitis) on the 15-day disabled list.
b. Right fielder Jayson Werth (broken left wrist) is on the 60-day disabled list. He underwent surgery on May 7 and was expected to miss 10-12 weeks.
c. Reliever Drew Storen (right elbow) is on the 60-day disabled list. He underwent surgery on April 11 to remove a small bone fragment from his right elbow and is expected to return sometime around the All-Star break.
d. Reliever Henry Rodriguez is on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right index finger, which he suffered when he slammed a bathroom door on the finger.
e. Catcher Wilson Ramos (torn right ACL and meniscus) is on the 60-day disabled list and is done for the season.
f. Catcher Sandy Leon (high right ankle sprain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
g. Catcher Carlos Maldonado (lower back strain) is on the 15-day disabled list.
h. Infielder Chad Tracy (right groin tear) is on the 15-day disabled list. He underwent surgery on May 31 and was expected to miss six to eight weeks if not the rest of the season.
i. Reliever Cole Kimball (right shoulder surgery) is on the 60-day disabled list.
j. First baseman Chris Marrero (torn left hamstring) is on the 60-day disabled list.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Taking Three Of Four Against Tampa Bay
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Getting Swept At Philadelphia
- 10 Takeaways From The Redskins' Loss At Baltimore And The Cutdown To 75
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Taking Two Of Three Against San Francisco
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Getting Swept At The Cubs