Orioles lose at the Mets 5-0 on Monday night (June 18, 2012).
1. The O’s fell to 39-28 overall and 20-14 on the road.
a. The O’s fell to 12-14 since their 27-14 start.
b. The O’s fell to 2-2 on their six-game road trip.
2. 37-year-old Mets starter R.A. Dickey tossed a one-hitter, recording 13 strikeouts versus two walks.
a. Dickey improved to 11-1 with a 2.00 ERA.
b. Dickey became the third pitcher since 1945 to toss back-to-back one-hitters, joining Sam McDowell (1966) and Dave Stieb (1988).
c. Dickey now has not given up an earned run in 42 2/3 innings, the second-longest stretch in club history behind Dwight Gooden's streak of 49 innings in 1985.
d. Second baseman Brian Roberts, shortstop J.J. Hardy, right fielder Chris Davis, center fielder Adam Jones, catcher Matt Wieters, first baseman Mark Reynolds and left fielder Steve Pearce went a combined 0-for-24 with 11 strikeouts.
3. Starter Jake Arrieta allowed four runs in seven innings, giving up a sixth-inning grand slam to first baseman Ike Davis.
a. Arrieta fell to 3-9 with a 5.83 ERA over 15 starts this season.
4. Reliever Kevin Gregg allowed a run in the eighth inning on a triple, a single and a walk. He did record three strikeouts.
5. Positive from the loss:
a. Third baseman Wilson Betemit (BEH-teh-meet) had a single and a walk.
6. Injury/roster/absence update.
a. Left fielder Nolan Reimold (herniated disc) is on the 60-day disabled list. Reimold has had two epidural injections and hasn't played since April 30 because of the injury. Manager Buck Showalter said Monday that Reimold won’t return before the All-Star break and hinted at worse news.
b. Right fielder Nick Markakis is on the 15-day disabled list for the first time in his career. He underwent successful surgery to remove a broken hamate bone from his right wrist on June 1 and was expected to miss three to four weeks.
c. Right fielder Endy Chavez (strained right hamstring) is on the 15-day disabled list.
d. Starter Zach Britton (left shoulder impingement) is at Triple-A Norfolk.
e. Reliever Matt Lindstrom (right middle finger injury) is on the 15-day disabled list.
f. Rookie reliever Stu Pomeranz (left oblique injury) is on the 60-day disabled list.
g. Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada (soo-YOH-shee WAH-duh) (left elbow) is on the 60-day disabled list. He underwent season-ending Tommy John surgery on May 11.
h. Catcher Taylor Teagarden (strained back) is on the 60-day disabled list.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Taking Two Of Three At Atlanta And Winning The N.L. East
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles' Three-Game Sweep Of Toronto And Winning The A.L. East
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Blowout of Jacksonville
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Taking Three Of Four Against The Yankees
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Taking Three Of Four At The Mets