Wizards lose at New York 115-106 on Monday night.
1. The Wizards fell to 13-30 overall and 0-21 on the road.
2. The Wizards scored 15 fourth-quarter points.
3. The game was tied at 95. The Wizards then were outscored 20-11 over the final 9:31.
4. Forward Andray Blatche (ANN-dray BLATCH) went 2-for-10 from the field. He finished with six points, five rebounds and two steals. Head coach Flip Saunders: “He was terrible. He was bad.”
5. Rookie point guard John Wall went 5-for-13 from the field, committed four turnovers and had a plus-minus rating of minus-23. He did finish with 18 points, nine assists, seven rebounds and two steals.
6. Rookie forward Kevin Seraphin (keh-VEEN SEHR-uh-fihn) entered the game with his shorts on backward. His teammates gathered and formed a shield while he switched the shorts around on the bench.
7. Positives from the loss:
a. Guard Nick Young had 22 points on 7-of-16 shooting. He did finish with a team-worst plus-minus rating of minus-24.
b. Forward Rashard Lewis had 20 points on 8-of-14 shooting and five rebounds.
c. Center JaVale (juh-VAYL) McGee had 15 points on 7-of-9 shooting and 10 rebounds.
d. Forward Al Thornton had 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting, five rebounds and two steals in 23:36 off the bench.
e. Rookie forward Trevor Booker had seven points on 3-of-8 shooting and five rebounds in 22:09 off the bench.
f. Rookie guard Mustafa Shakur had six points on 3-of-5 shooting, five rebounds and four assists in 14:06 off the bench. He did commit two turnovers.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Win At Dallas In Week 8
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Win Over Tennessee In Week 7
- 10 Takeaways From The Orioles Getting Swept By Kansas City In The ALCS
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Loss At Arizona In Week 6
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Loss To Seattle In Week 5