Wizards lose at Minnesota 87-82 on Wednesday night (March 6, 2013).
1. The Wiz fell to 19-40 overall.
2. The Wiz fell to an Eastern Conference-worst 5-23 on the road.
3. The Wiz fell to 15-12 since their 4-28 start.
1. The Wiz committed 24 turnovers and now are 29th out of 30 NBA teams with an average of 15.7 turnovers per game.
2. Forward/center Nene (neh-NAY) committed seven turnovers and five fouls in 35:58 as a starter. He finished with 12 points on 3-of-8 shooting and eight rebounds.
3. Point guard A.J. Price had no assists versus three turnovers and a team-worst plus-minus rating of minus-nine, went 0-for-1 on twos and committed five fouls in 19:59 as a bench. He did go 1-for-3 on threes.
4. Forward Jan Vesely (YAHN VEH-seh-lee), the sixth overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, played for just 8:13 off the bench. He went 0-for-1 from the field and had three rebounds.
5. Forward Trevor Booker, the 23rd overall pick of the 2010 NBA Draft, played for just 6:20 off the bench.
6. Forward Chris Singleton, the 18th overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, did not play due to coach’s decision for the 17th time this season.
7. Center Jason Collins did not play due to coach's decision for a fourth consecutive game.
1. The Wiz held the Timberwolves to 40.8-percent shooting and are tied for fourth in the NBA in opponents’ field-goal percentage (43.6).
2. The Wiz shot 44.6 percent from the field and are 29th out of 30 NBA teams in field-goal percentage (43.0).
3. The Wiz won the rebounding battle, 44-34.
4. Center Emeka Okafor notched his 17th double-double over his last 35 games: 10 points on 5-of-9 shooting, 14 rebounds and a team-best plus-minus rating of plus-six in 33:00 as a starter.
5. Point guard John Wall had 19 points on 7-of-15 shooting from the field and 5-of-5 shooting on free throws, seven assists, three rebounds and three steals in 38:49 as a starter. He did commit six turnovers.
a. The Wiz fell to 14-12 with Wall this season.
6. Forward Trevor Ariza went 3-for-7 on threes and 5-for-5 on free throws and finished with 16 points, seven rebounds and six assists in 38:02 as a starter. He did go 1-for-3 on twos and did commit four turnovers.
7. Forward/center Kevin Seraphin (SEHR-uh-fihn), the 17th overall pick of the 2010 NBA Draft, had eight points on 4-of-5 shooting in 11:59 off the bench.
8. Guard/forward Martell Webster went 2-for-8 on threes and 2-for-3 on twos and finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and two assists in 41:49 as a starter. He now is fourth in the NBA with a three-point percentage of 44.4.
1. Rookie guard Bradley Beal, the third overall pick of the 2012 NBA Draft, did not play due to a sprained left ankle.
2. Forward Cartier Martin missed a 27th consecutive game due to a hyperextended left knee.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog