Wizards lose at Indiana 89-81 on Wednesday night (Jan. 2, 2013).
1. The Wiz fell to an NBA-worst 4-26 overall and 1-14 on the road.
1. Wiz starters were outscored by Pacers starters, 74-33.
a. Guard/forward Martell Webster went 0-for-3 from the field and tied for a team worst with a plus-minus rating of minus-14 in 14:00 as a starter. He did have two assists.
b. Guard Garrett Temple, who was signed by the Wiz on Dec. 25, went 0-for-3 from the field and had no points in 22:19 as a starter. He did have seven assists and two blocks.
2. The Wiz totaled 10 free-throw attempts to the Pacers’ 31.
3. The Wiz were outrebounded, 48-41.
4. The Wiz committed 19 turnovers. The Pacers did commit 17 turnovers.
5. Center Emeka Okafor went 2-for-6 from the field and tied for a team worst with a plus-minus rating of minus-14 in 21:44 as a starter. He did have nine rebounds.
6. Forward/center Nene (neh-NAY) committed five turnovers, had just six rebounds and registered a plus-minus rating of minus-13 in 24:57 as a starter. He did have 15 points on 6-of-13 shooting.
7. Forward Jan Vesely (YAHN VEH-seh-lee), the sixth overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, played for just 4:04 off the bench. He did not attempt a shot and had two rebounds.
8. Forward Cartier Martin went 2-for-6 from the field in 18:28 off the bench. He finished with four points and two rebounds.
1. The Wiz held the Pacers to 37.7-percent shooting.
2. The Wiz shot 42.2 percent from the field.
3. Forward/center Kevin Seraphin (SEHR-uh-fihn) had 16 points on 8-of-13 shooting and nine rebounds and tied for a team best with a plus-minus rating of plus-five in 30:43 off the bench.
4. Guard Jordan Crawford had 20 points on 7-of-15 shooting, seven assists, four rebounds and two steals in 35:24 off the bench. He did commit four turnovers.
5. Rookie guard Bradley Beal, the third overall pick of the 2012 NBA Draft, went 2-for-4 on threes and finished with 14 points, three assists and two rebounds in 28:08 as a starter. He did go just 4-for-11 on twos. Beal was named Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for December on Wednesday (Jan. 2).
6. Forward Chris Singleton, the 18th overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, had four points on 2-of-3 shooting and five rebounds and tied for a team best with a plus-minus rating of plus-five in 14:32 off the bench. He had not played due to coach’s decision in four of the previous five games.
7. Guard Shelvin Mack, who was signed by the Wiz on Dec. 25, had four points, four assists versus one turnover and two steals in 25:41 off the bench. He did go just 2-of-6 from the field.
1. Point guard A.J. Price did not play for a 13th consecutive game due to a broken right hand.
2. Forward Trevor Ariza did not play for a 15th consecutive game due to a left calf strain.
3. Forward Trevor Booker did not play for a 21st consecutive game due to a right knee strain.
4. Point guard John Wall did not play for a 30th consecutive game due to a stress injury to his left patella.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- 2014 Redskins Offseason: Five Takeaways On Offense
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Taking Two Of Three Against Milwaukee
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Losing Two Of Three At Oakland
- Four Areas In Which The Nationals Can Be Better After The All-Star Break
- Five Reasons Why The Nats Lead The N.L. East At The All-Star Break