Wizards lose to Dallas 103-94 on Tuesday night (Jan. 1, 2013).
1. The Wiz fell to an NBA-worst 4-25 overall and 3-12 at home.
2. The Mavericks snapped a six-game losing streak.
3. The Wiz were outscored in the third quarter, 35-19.
1. The Wiz shot just 40.5 percent from the field.
2. The Mavs shot 50 percent from the field.
3. The Mavs had 25 assists versus 12 turnovers.
4. The Wiz committed 15 turnovers.
5. Forward/center Nene (neh-NAY) went 2-for-10 from the field and had just five rebounds in 25:10 as a starter. He finished with seven points and three assists.
6. Guard Garrett Temple, who was signed by the Wiz on Dec. 25, went 1-for-6 from the field in 23:29 as a starter. He finished with six points, three assists and three rebounds.
7. Forward/center Kevin Seraphin (SEHR-uh-fihn) had just two rebounds and a team-worst plus-minus rating of minus-24 in 24:43 off the bench. He did have 10 points on 4-of-8 shooting and two assists.
8. Forward Chris Singleton, the 18th overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, did not play due to coach’s decision for the fourth time in five games.
9. Forward Jan Vesely (YAHN VEH-seh-lee), the sixth overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, played for 16:03 off the bench. He had two points on 1-of-2 shooting and four rebounds.
1. The Wiz won the rebounding battle, 44-42.
2. The Wiz had 23 assists.
3. The Wiz went 20-for-26 on free throws. The Mavs went 11-for-17 on free throws.
4. Center Emeka Okafor had 14 points on 5-of-10 shooting and 11 rebounds in 26:44 as a starter.
5. Rookie guard Bradley Beal, the third overall pick of the 2012 NBA Draft, went 4-for-7 on threes and finished with 22 points, four rebounds and two assists in 35:06 as a starter. He did go 3-for-9 on twos and did finish with a plus-minus rating of minus-18.
6. Forward Cartier Martin went 1-for-2 on threes and finished with three points, four rebounds and a team-best plus-minus rating of plus-13 in just 9:50 off the bench.
7. Guard Shelvin Mack, who was signed by the Wiz on Dec. 25, had seven points on 3-of-5 shooting, six assists versus no turnovers and three rebounds in 24:31 off the bench. He did have a plus-minus rating of minus-15.
8. Guard/forward Martell Webster went 2-for-8 on threes and 2-for-3 on twos and finished with 14 points and six rebounds in 30:43 as a starter.
1. Guard Jordan Crawford returned from a one-game absence caused by a sore left ankle. He had nine points on 4-of-9 shooting, four assists and two rebounds in 23:41 off the bench.
2. Point guard A.J. Price did not play for a 12th consecutive game due to a broken right hand.
3. Forward Trevor Ariza did not play for a 14th consecutive game due to a left calf strain.
4. Forward Trevor Booker did not play for a 20th consecutive game due to a right knee strain.
5. Point guard John Wall did not play for a 29th consecutive game due to a stress injury to his left patella.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Losing Two Of Three At Miami
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Taking Two Of Three At Cincinnati
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Taking Three Of Four At Seattle
- Five Takeaways From The Nationals Taking Two Of Three At Colorado
- Five Takeaways From The Orioles Taking Two Of Three At The Angels