Wizards lose to Golden State 101-97 on Saturday night (Dec. 8, 2012).
1. The Wiz fell to 2-15 overall and 2-7 at home.
1. The Wiz were outrebounded, 57-37.
2. The Wiz went just 14-for-23 on free throws.
3. Forward Jan Vesely (YAHN VEH-seh-lee), the sixth overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, did not play due to coach’s decision for a third consecutive game
4. Center Emeka Okafor started but played for just 11:34. He had no rebounds and two points on 1-of-2 shooting.
5. Guard/forward Martell Webster went 1-for-5 on threes, 2-for-5 on twos and just 2-for-4 on free throws in 24:53 as a starter. He finished with nine points, five rebounds, three assists and two steals.
6. Forward/center Nene (neh-NAY) went 3-for-9 from the field and 3-for-5 on free throws in 20:03 off the bench. He finished with nine points, six rebounds and three assists.
7. Rookie guard Bradley Beal went 1-for-6 on threes, 5-for-11 on twos and 4-for-6 on free throws in 40:26 as a starter. He finished with 17 points, six assists, six rebounds and two steals.
8. Forward Chris Singleton went 4-for-11 from the field in 35:29 as a starter. He finished with 10 points and four rebounds but did register a team-best plus-minus rating of plus-five.
9. Point guard Shaun Livingston had a plus-minus rating of minus-10 in 14:16 off the bench. He went 0-for-1 from the field and finished with no points, one assist versus one turnover and two rebounds.
1. The Wiz committed eight turnovers to the Warriors’ 19.
2. The Wiz shot 42.5 percent from the field.
3. The Wiz held the Warriors to a respectable 43.2-percent shooting.
4. Guard Jordan Crawford went 4-for-9 on threes and 4-for-8 on twos and finished with 22 points, eight assists, seven rebounds and two steals in 34:57 off the bench. He did go just 2-for-4 on free throws.
5. Forward/center Kevin Seraphin (SEHR-uh-fihn) had 14 points on 7-of-12 shooting and five rebounds in 28:50 off the bench. He did have a team-best plus-minus rating of minus-11.
6. Forward Cartier Martin went 2-for-3 on threes and 3-for-3 on twos and finished with 14 points and two rebounds in 25:14 off the bench.
1. Point guard A.J. Price started but suffered a broken right hand in the first quarter and is expected to miss four to six weeks.
2. Forward Trevor Ariza did not play for a second consecutive game due to a left calf strain.
3. Forward Trevor Booker did not play for an eighth consecutive game due to a right knee strain.
4. Point guard John Wall missed a 17th consecutive game due to a stress injury to his left patella.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- How the 2013 Seattle Seahawks Defense Ranks Versus Four of the Best Defenses Ever
- NFL Wild-Card Weekend Through A Redskins Prism
- 10 Takeaways From The Redskins' Loss At The Giants And The Firing Of Mike Shanahan
- 10 Takeaways From The Redskins' Loss To Dallas
- 10 Takeaways From The Redskins' Loss At Atlanta