No. 15 Georgetown beats Towson 46-40 on Saturday afternoon (Dec. 8, 2012).
1. The Hoyas improved to 7-1.
2. The Hoyas led at the half, 17-15.
1. The Hoyas held the Tigers to 32.6-percent shooting and now are holding opponents to 36.9-percent shooting over eight games this season.
2. The Hoyas forced 22 turnovers and committed just eight.
3. Sophomore forward Otto Porter went 1-for-4 on threes and 3-for-6 on twos and finished with 10 points, six rebounds, three steals and two assists in 36 minutes as a starter. He did go just 1-for-3 on free throws.
4. Junior forward Nate Lubick (LOO-bick) had 10 points on 3-of-5 shooting from the field and 4-of-4 shooting on free throws, five rebounds, three assists and two blocks in 32 minutes as a starter.
1. The Hoyas shot just 29.2 percent from the field.
2. The Hoyas were outrebounded, 38-32, and have a rebounding differential of just plus-five over eight games this season.
3. The Hoyas went just 16-for-24 on free throws and now are shooting just 64.3 percent on free throws over eight games this season.
4. Sophomore forward Mikael Hopkins (mih-KAIL HAHP-kihnz) went 1-for-5 from the field and 8-for-12 on free throws and committed five of the Hoyas’ eight turnovers in 26 minutes as a starter. He did finish with 10 points, four rebounds and two blocks.
5. Junior guard Markel (MAHR-kehl) Starks went 0-for-5 on threes and 2-for-6 on twos in 31 minutes as a starter. He did have two assists versus no turnovers.
6. Sophomore forward Greg Whittington went 1-for-5 on threes and 3-for-8 on twos in 38 minutes as a starter. He did finish with 11 points, six rebounds, three steals and two assists.
7. Sophomore guard Jabril Trawick (juh-BREEL TRAH-wick) went 0-for-3 from the field in 20 minutes off the bench. He did have four rebounds and two steals.
8. True-freshman guard D'Vauntes (deh-VAHN-tehz) Smith-Rivera went 0-for-1 from the field in 17 minutes off the bench. He did have three rebounds.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog