Maryland beats South Carolina State 61-46 on Saturday afternoon (Dec. 8, 2012).
1. The Terrapins improved to 8-1, winning their eighth consecutive game.
1. The Terps held the Bulldogs to 32.1-percent shooting and now have held opponents to 35.4-percent shooting over nine games this season.
2. The Terps won the rebounding battle, 39-30, and now have a rebounding differential of plus-137 over nine games this season.
3. The Terps went 14-for-29 on twos.
4. The Terps, who entered the game averaging 15.5 turnovers per game, committed just 11 turnovers.
5. The Terps, who entered the game shooting just 66 percent on free throws this season, went 18-for-22 on free throws.
6. Sophomore center Alex Len had 13 points on 5-of-8 shooting, six rebounds and two assists in 28 minutes as a starter. He did go just 3-for-6 on free throws.
7. Junior guard Pe’Shon (PEE-shahn) Howard went 2-for-3 on threes and finished with six points, four assists versus one turnover and four rebounds in 24 minutes as a starter. He now has 53 assists versus 16 turnovers over nine games this season.
8. True-freshman center Shaquille Cleare went 2-for-3 from the field and 4-for-4 on free throws and finished with eight points and eight rebounds in 16 minutes off the bench.
9. True-freshman guard Seth Allen went 1-for-3 on threes and finished with three points and five assists versus two turnovers and two rebounds in 25 minutes off the bench.
10. Senior guard and Albany transfer Logan Aronhalt went 2-for-5 on threes and 0-for-1 on twos and finished with seven points and two rebounds in 18 minutes as a starter.
11. Sophomore guard/forward and highly-touted Xavier transfer Dez Wells went 0-for-2 on threes but 2-for-4 on twos and 4-for-4 on free throws and finished with eight points, three rebounds and two assists in 21 minutes off the bench.
1. The Terps shot just 37.3 percent from the field, thanks to going just 5-for-22 on threes.
2. True-freshman guard/forward Jake Layman went 0-for-3 on threes and 0-for-3 on twos and finished with four points and three rebounds in 14 minutes off the bench.
3. Sophomore guard Nick Faust went 0-for-4 on threes and 3-for-7 on twos in 24 minutes as a starter. He finished with six points, four rebounds and two assists.
4. True-freshman forward Charles Mitchell started but played for just eight minutes. He committed two turnovers and also finished with two points on 1-of-1 shooting and two rebounds.
5. Senior forward James Padgett had four points on 1-of-3 shooting and three rebounds in 17 minutes off the bench.
Return to: Al Galdi Blog
- Top 3 Misleading Things You'll Hear/Read Regarding The Redskins As Free Agency Begins
- Lessons In Winning
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Loss To Dallas In Week 17
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Win Over Philadelphia In Week 16
- How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Loss At The Giants In Week 15